Wanna poll our thousands and thousands of members? Yeah, lots of students do, so make sure you consider the guidance below and then grab our attention
LifeSIGNS receives a lot of requests from under-graduate students wishing to talk to people who self harm, or wishing to distribute online questionnaires and surveys to our members.
We would like to support all researchers, however owing to time constraints we are unable to deal with every request.
LifeSIGNS is an inclusive organisation, available to everyone, and priority will be given to requests that support our inclusive ethos. Specifically, your survey will not be prioritised if it is restricted to ‘young people’. Your survey may benefit from addressing gender and not only sex.
Before requesting research support, please ensure you intend to comply with the following:
- Ethical sign-off from your ethics committee;
- Statement of privacy / anonymity;
- Published explanation and invitation, i.e. people should be able to read your invitation and explanation online as a mobile-friendly web page – not Word, not PDF;
- Meaningful questions;
- UK based;
- Online, easy to use;
- Beneficial to the particpant;
- A link to – LifeSIGNS (Self-Injury Guidance & Network Support) – www.lifesigns.org.uk (so that people in distress or at risk of being triggered by your work can seek support);
- The sharing of the conclusions with LifeSIGNS.
Take a look at the third and penultimate bullet points.
Full details should be addressed to the LifeSIGNS Management Committee and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email us from your lab / uni / college / establishment’s email account, rather than your personal account.
Before asking LifeSIGNS for help, you may wish to read the following pages:
Our members are very responsive to well thought out questionnaires, however, we’ve been online for over ten years and many of our members and visitors have seen so many surveys that they’re becoming a little apathetic towards dull surveys. Please make sure your research is original, engaging, inclusive, concise and easy to complete online without downloads and without having to email you.