"we found that CBT-based psychological therapy may have led to a small-to-modest reduction in the number of patients repeating self-harm behaviours."
LifeSIGNS Self-Injury Guidance & Network Support
LifeSIGNS – Self-Injury Guidance & Network Support
We provide fantastic information about self-injury and while we never tell anyone to ‘stop’, we do support people as and when they choose to make changes in their lives.
LifeSIGNS is the user-led small charity creating understanding about self-injury. Founded in 2002, we’re now in our second decade and it’s our continuing mission to guide people who hurt themselves towards new ways of coping, when they’re ready for the journey.
Help yourself right now; read about self-injury; download our fact sheets; support a friend; ask us a question about self-injury; learn how to get help; join us on Twitter, Tumblr and Facebook. Read more about us and our mission.
- The BBC spoke to several LifeSIGNS members about self-poisoning, overdosing, and self-medicating
- What to wear in the heat of summer – tldr; anything you really like
- Physical scars and emotional pain – Lauren’s latest blog article
- Our founder wrote this Huffington Post article about his self-injury and… Self-Injury Awareness Day is not enough
- Our members helped write this Huffington Post list: 11 things people Who self-harm want you to know
- We are featured in the Huffington Post: Charities reveal gulf of understanding between parents and children who self-injure
- LifeSIGNS is in the Guardian newspaper: “Self-injury blights many students’ lives“.
- Three new blog articles from you – real-life members’ stories.
- NEW wristbands for 2016. For Self-Injury Awareness Day 2016 and beyond. For the UK and everywhere in the world.
- LifeSIGNS is for you. And you, and you. Please share this ‘visual story’ as it’s our 13th birthday.
- Self-injury addiction – is that the right word?
- Please help us – register on this website and then rate LifeSIGNS as ‘trustworthy’. Thank you.
Help yourself now
Get a handle on your self-injury.
Do you always show your scars, or do you like the option to cover up in certain social situations? Your choice in how you present yourself to the world is important.
Physical scars cannot and do not show how much pain or suffering a person has experienced.
More great photos from Self-Injury Awareness Day - the Alderbrook School theatre troupe with our wristbands.
The students were well prepared for Self-Injury Awareness Day with our wristbands :) Great photos!
Researchers at Glasgow and Stirling University are developing a questionnaire to measure thoughts about suicide and non-suicidal self-injury. Understanding these...
Have you received excellent attention, guidance, and actual treatment from your GP, counsellor, or mental health team? Have you had...
LifeSIGNS has supported SIAD for like 16 or 17 years – since before we were even called LifeSIGNS! Self-Injury Awareness...
The following article is a submission from Sonia. Trigger warning for mention of self-injury behaviours. Sonia takes too many tablets,...
An article by Rosie. Wouldn’t we all prefer a world where nobody has to worry about how they’re feeling and...
Naëlle explains how self-injury can feel like no choice at all, and that choosing to move away from self-injury is hard and worthwhile.
LifeSIGNS is for you. Please share this little visual story before our birthday in May.
Self-injury awareness wristbands
We’ve sold wristbands for many years now; when we run out, people ask us every day when the new stock will be available.
We sell hundreds of wristbands just before Self-Injury Awareness Day on the 1st of March, and we sell wristbands all year long and send them worldwide.
Raising awareness about self-injury is incredibly important. Awareness leads to understanding and empathy, banishing judgment and fear, and reducing the number of people who feel alone and suffer in silence.
“Breaking the (si)lence around self-injury”
Advert for Podio mini-intranet.
With the power of Podio, for managing any crm lead our team can effectively work together from anywhere, to escape email overload, alleviate document chaos and much more. Get structured with Podio’s easily modified workspaces and apps, so you and your team can work the way you want to.